Sunday, August 14, 2011

Americas contribution?

Now I a patriotic person, and I done condone what Soviet Union did to some of their people. I think communism does not work, ever, its just not human nature. But I’m so sick of people saying the US was the savoir of ww2. History books from the 50’s rightfully claim that Patton and Eisenhower were overrated, and that America was financially struggling through the war, and that although they did help, and the world did need the US to enter the war, it was Russia did much to bring an end to the war. But in all of my modern text books, they rarely mention any other country apart from the US and claim US generals and soldiers were the finest. I suppose it the norm all world power rewrite history in their time. But I’ve never noticed it so blatantly before.

No comments:

Post a Comment